This recipe has some strange ingredients, but it makes very good Venison Chili.
2 pounds of venison
1/4 pound of thick cut bacon diced
2 medium yellow onions diced
1 medium red onion diced
2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
1/2 of an 8oz can of chipotle chilies chopped fine
3 cloves of garlic minced (I used 6)
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon molasses
1 bottle Guinness or other stout
1/2 cup good red wine
1 can whole plum tomatoes
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 cans of black beans
1. Saute venison until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pot, saute bacon until it's brown and given up it's fat. Remove and set aside.
3. Saute onions and all the peppers in bacon fat, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and vinegar and cook for two minutes. Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and cinnamon, and cook stiring often, for about 3 minutes. Add venison and bacon. Stir well and cook for one minute.
4. Add honey, molasses, beer, wine, and tomatoes. Mix well, bring to a boil, and lower heat to low.
5. Cook at a slow simmer, uncovered for an hour and stir frequently. Taste and adjust seasonings