Friday, March 16, 2012

Bears to Cuddle


Okay, Don't look at how awful I look in this picture.  I was on the early morning shift and had not done my hair or makeup yet.  Just notice that wonderful little creature in my arms.  How cool is this.  I got to hold a baby bear!  I really have always wanted to do that.  At work today they had two little bear cubs on the morning news show.  The bears were two months old and so cute!  They liked to roll around, and be cuddled and suck on people's neck and hands.  They were so cute to watch.  After news I went over to the studio to try to pet one.  But I didn't just get to pet one, I also got to hold it!  I got to cuddle it up to my face and sniff it.  It didn't quite smell like puppies.  And I also found out that I am not allergic to baby bears like I am to some dogs.  Their fur is soft, but not as soft as I thought it would be.  It was a bit more wiry than I thought it would be, and very thick.  The bear made a very cute growl/purr noise as it was sleeping in my arms.  It was louder and rougher and more vibratey than a cat's purr.  The handler told me that bears make that sound when they are happy.  And sometimes even the adults will do this purr.  One bear that a co-worker got to hold was  sucking on her neck.  It was so cute!  I love bears!  



2 comments:

  1. That is a precious story. How lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the cutest creatures I have ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete